Visa and Accommodation
Visitors from most countries will need a visa, in most cases it cannot be obtained at the border; therefore you should apply for a Russian visa prior to travelling.
Please specify the procedure in the Russian Embassy/Consulate in your country.
Please note that the following essentials must be met by all applicants submitting their applications for visa:
- Valid international passport recognized by the Russian Federation with at least two blank pages for visas. The passport should be valid for a minimum of six months after visa expiration date. If you do not have a blank page to which a visa can be affixed, a new passport must be obtained before submitting your application.
- Fully completed application form, photograph and supporting documents appropriate to the type of visa.
TYPE OF VISA
We recommend applying for Russian humanitarian visa (scientific and technical cooperation).
However, if you are planning to combine attending the ESHET Conference and some touristic program, you can apply for Russian tourist visa.
If you are planning to take your partner who wlll not participate in the Conference, he/she should apply for the Russian tourist visa.
HOW TO OBTAIN HUMANITARIAN VISA
Humanitarian visa is required in case you wish to enter Russia for cultural purposes, science, sports, religion etc. Humanitarian visa can be valid for up to 3 months and can be issued for single or double entry. Humanitarian visa can also be issued for multiple entries and then it will be valid for up to 1 year.
In order to get Russian humanitarian visa in the shortest possible time please follow instructions:
(1) Send the scanned copy of your passport and the filled Application for Visa Invitation to email@example.com before 2nd of April, 2012;
(2) Receive the official Invitation;
(3) Take the Invitation and all the required documents to the Consulate/Embassy of the Russian Federation in your country and apply for humanitarian visa;
(4) Receive the visa in the Consulate/Embassy of the Russian Federation in your country.
For non EU Citizens
Please notice that visa to Russia can be received in the Consulate/Embassy of the Russian Federation in your country on the base of the Official invitation of Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. Leontief Centre is ready to help you in receiving this Invitation. The process of preparing the Invitation in St. Petersburg takes up about 1 month. As a rule it is enough to have fax copy of the Invitation, but sometimes officials require the Invitation in original (Please, clarify this information in the Russian Consulate in your country beforehand as well). Please note that you should send filled form before 2nd of April, 2012 to receive the visa on time.
For EU Citizens
The process of preparing the Invitation in St. Petersburg takes 1 day. Please, note that you should send the filled form before 23rd of April to receive the visa on time.
HOW TO OBTAIN TOURIST VISA
Tourist Visa is required in case you enter the Russian Federation for tourism purposes. Tourist visa can be valid for up to 30 days and can be issued for single or double entry.
In order to get Russian tourist visa, please send an enquiry to the official Conference’2012 travel operator “Oasis” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can rely on the services provided by your local travel agencies.
In order to book a hotel, a taxi, etc. please send an enquiry to the official Conference’2012 travel operator “Oasis” to: email@example.com.
Please mind that the list of the hotel will be extended.